Wednesday, October 5th at 6pm
We’re offering our popular Wills, Trusts & Nursing Home Asset Protection Seminar online. Join us from the comfort of your couch!
Learn the secrets to protecting your family home & nest egg from nursing homes, lawsuits, and divorces.
We’ll teach you everything you need to know for free.
August 19, 2020 at 10:30 am ET
Register for this Webinar right away! Complete the form on this page or call 443-554-9944.
We will also cover the topics of…
Wills, Trusts, & Nursing Home Asset Protection Discover How to Protect Your Assets and Provide for Your Loved Ones
Join Raymond Brown for a special ONLINE 90 minute training event where you’ll learn how to use wills, trusts and basic asset protection strategies to safeguard your assets and your family in the event of death or incapacity.
If you’ve been meaning to “get your affairs in order” … or you’re ready to begin making strategic decisions that will protect your independence and your ability to stay in control if you get sick or need long-term care in the future…
It’s free, educational and there is no catch—you won’t be pressured to buy anything or sign up for legal services.
Who Should Attend This Webinar?
If you don’t currently have a plan in place to protect your family and assets… or if it’s been at least three years since you’ve last looked at your old estate plan.
This event will help you start the process or learn how to bring your older plan up to date.
You should also consider attending if:
- Have minor children or a child with special needs
- Own a home, a business, or have more than $150,000 in assets
- Are approaching retirement
- Have an older parent who may soon need assisted living, nursing home or in-home care
- Your family is full of love, but still considered “blended” or “non-traditional” under the law.
- You are worried about conflict in your family if something happens to you
- Have vulnerable beneficiaries that you are worried about leaving money to (e.g. an adult child with substance abuse issues, mental health struggles, financial immaturity)
- Want to have a say in the type of life you experience and the quality of care you receive as you age
- Want most of your money to go to your family and not Uncle Sam if something happens
- Desire to leave a legacy or a positive footprint on the world
What Will I Learn at This Event?
During our free Webinar, participants will learn how to use simple legal strategies to help make their wishes known, keep peace in the family, safeguard assets and ensure that life is as easy as possible for our loved ones, no matter what happens. Our online students will also discover:
- Whether you need a will or trust? Discover the advantages and disadvantages of both.
- How the new SECURE Act has impacted inherited IRAs and the best strategies to minimize taxes to your heirs.
- How to keep your affairs private and your loved ones out of court if you become disabled and can’t speak for yourself. (Hint: Not all Powers of Attorney are valid!)
- All about probate and what steps can you take now to help your family avoid this expensive and time-consuming legal process when you’re gone.
- If you will you owe estate taxes. Learn how to help your heirs minimize or even avoid “death” taxes after your passing.
- How to create a long-term care plan before it’s needed so that you are able to stay as independent as possible and in complete control of your decisions as you age.
- Why owning assets jointly or putting property in a child’s name is likely a huge mistake—and what to do instead to accomplish your goals in a secure way.
- Easy strategies to protect your children’s inheritance from being seized if they get divorced, sued or file bankruptcy in the future.
- How to preserve your estate for your children should you pass away and your surviving spouse gets remarried (without a plan, your family’s inheritance will legally go to the new husband or wife!).
- How to qualify and use Medicaid to pay for nursing home expenses which can average <$0,000> monthly.
- How parents (and grandparents!) of children with special needs can plan for a lifetime of care without jeopardizing eligibility for important benefits like Medicaid or Supplemental Security Income (SSI).
We’re looking forward to seeing you there! Be sure to participate with your spouse, or feel free to invite a friend.
We invite you to register now, and have a little fun with a topic you may want more info on!
About the Speaker
Raymond solely focuses his practice on estate planning and associated practices in Maryland and the District of Columbia. Raymond brings compassion, understanding, and thoroughness to the table when listening to clients explain their goals and vision. He regularly donates free time to assisting underrepresented and underprivileged individuals, believing that everyone should have a say when it comes to their legacy and medical decisions.
Raymond is a veteran of the United States Navy, having served as an enlisted and Naval Officer. He is currently an adjunct professor at the University of Baltimore School of Law.